Happy Saturday Evening everyone..
Are you happy it is the weekend?
Since we have been retired it does not seem as much of a big deal as when we were working and looking forward to a couple of days off, although we do still enjoy them..
Actually, it is as if we are working harder then ever even though it is not a typical job we go to each day..
I guess because it takes us twice as long to do anything we feel as though we are doing twice as much work as before... grin
I guess because it takes us twice as long to do anything we feel as though we are doing twice as much work as before... grin
Combine that with the fact that we seem to have lost a big part of our memory!! It keeps us busy just looking for stuff... smile..
Life is what you make it!!
Yes, I need to get on with it.. Sorry.. smile..
We grew these squash this past summer and I needed to get them done up..
So...
I cut them in half, cleaned out the seeds, brushed the tops with oil and turned them over onto the trays and roasted them in the oven for an hour or so ...
When they came out of the oven I just needed to scrape off the squash and puree them and put them into freezer bags ..
Except for a bit that I made a soup with..
I just made the recipe up but it was pretty good..
I had left my cumin at the farm and only had some seeds which I put in the mortar and pestle..
For the recipe..
Saute some leeks or onion and garlic in butter..
Add your mashed squash (2 cups) and a bit of chicken broth, a bay leaf, salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes..
Simmer away for about 15 minutes then add cream and a tsp. of cumin... Or you can replace the cumin for nutmeg..
Puree..
We brought our plants home and it is good to have them about..
Love love my Pregnant Onion..
It has grown like crazy...
And is very busy having babies...
I noticed it had a wee visitor..
My sister's favourite insect..
Three new babies coming on this side and two on the other..
I guess this is a ramble and roll Saturday night as I am going from one thing to another..
Anyway..
I made some tortillas that we were taught at Keepers meeting last time...
They turned out wonderful and I have made wraps, quesadillas and used them like bread, really ...
More plants..
An Ivy from Trevor and a Prayer Plant from Shonda..
Made some more bread...
Found a lovely book at the Thrift Store..
Had a couple of cauliflowers to use up so made more of my favourite pickles..
Hot pickled veggies..
I use these like a snack, I am afraid... smile..
Pottering around with craft supplies trying to find some ideas for our next Keepers of the Home meeting which is on the 12th..
We are doing a craft and soup day..
Well that is all for tonight dear hearts..
I actually started this post last night but did not finish it and this morning we took a little trip to Calais, Maine for a little shopping day..
We went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch and ran into some of our friends from Sussex and my cousin and her husband was at Mardens and friends from St. Martins in the Walmart..
Guess everyone had the same idea today..
It was a great day and found a few treasures for Christmas...
Oh my..
I saw someone had their tree up and all decorated in their front window..
I could hardly believe my eyes..
Oh well !! Whatever turns your crank...
Another Lord's Day tomorrow..
How the weeks fly by...
This will be our first Sunday without our Pastor and his family..
The Lord has led them to another province to minister His Word..
How we loved them as a church and appreciated all they have done for us the last four years..
So blessed to have had them as part of our lives and pray that God's hand will be upon them and keep them in His care ..
Praying for God's will for our little church..
Take care my dears and looking forward to hearing from you..
Hugs ..
Faye..


0 Yorumlar