Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: John Huston


[Revisit Review]

If I remember correctly, John Huston's The Treasure of the Sierra Madre was one of the first classic Hollywood films that I watched when I first seriously started to explore the universe of cinema. And my reaction was...largely indifferent. The film just didn't grab me. But now, years and years and years later, I find myself entranced by this mesmeric tale of greed and fate. I do agree with Roger Ebert that the ending was a bit too cheerful and the fates of the surviving prospectors just a bit too happy. In my opinion, the film probably should have ended with the bandits smashing Bogart's bags of gold dust. But everything else about the film stands up proudly alongside the very best of the classic Hollywood studio system.

9/10

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar