Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some things...

Life has been quiet here recently, and I'm not complaining one little bit.  Based on the state of the world, I'm happy in my quiet corner of it.  I've spent a lot of time at the lake this week, my happy place.  We had a dinner party/meeting Monday night that I came into town for.  Tuesday morning I went back and then yesterday had to come home for a dentist appointment.  I could have driven back afterwards but it seemed like a waste of gas because we have Bible study tonight.  Tomorrow afternoon is my knitting group and then it will be back to my second home again.  

The rhythm of summer hasn't quite caught up with us yet.  Usually we're at the lake more than at home this time of year, but we have both had so many commitments this summer.  Dennis finished teaching the last Financial Peace Univerity class by Dave Ramsey last night.  We had several couples who graduated and got their certificates.  We have been teaching this for many years at our church and I can't begin to tell you the impact it has had on lives.  We rely WAY too much on credit in our country.  This class brings about freedom in many ways.  Okay, enough of that, onto knitting.

Nita finished more squares and I joined them over the weekend.  This one used up all of her odds and ends of yarn that weren't enough to make a blanket in one color.  This blanket makes six that I'll be delivering to the crisis nursery tomorrow.
My Christmas gift shawl/wrap.  It's getting big, as you can tell with it bunched up on the ends of the needles.  I am so enjoying working with this new Loops and Threads fingering weight yarn.  It is SO soft.
A closer look so you can see the lacework better.  The color is more true in the first photo above this one.  My counters are brown speckled, not blue!  :-)
How about some Piper?  She and Mandy went to the National Zoo in D.C. On Tuesday with some friends from MOPS. (Mother's of Preschoolers). Here she is with an elephant.  She even has on the hat that Papa got for her!  I think it was pretty hot that day.
She loved the cows too.   They face-timed with me and she told me all about the different animals she saw.
Here she is with her Daddy.  They were playing 'possum!
Mandy sent me this one yesterday.  They had a bad thunderstorm and poor Polly is terrified of thunder and lightening.  She said Piper was trying to comfort her, telling her it would be alright.  So sweet.  Polly is the BEST dog with Piper.  They couldn't have asked for a sweeter dispositioned dog.
THE MITTENS ARE DONE FOR 2016!!!!  There are 90 pairs done.  Now I'll start for NEXT winter.  I must admit I'm a bit "mittened" out for now and I'm going to take a break.  Thank you again to Sherri for making 13 pairs and sending them to me to donate.  Isn't this a colorful photo?
That's about it.  My dentist appointment went well.  Hurray!  I actually don't mind going to the dentist because we have a great one who never, ever hurts me at all.  It was just a cleaning and I don't go back until the next cleaning.  Yay!!!

I hope you're all enjoying your summer too.  We're beginning to enjoy the fruits of the garden at the lake.  We had zucchini, radishes and strawberries given to us this week.  Yum!  There is nothing like fresh from the garden fruits and vegetables.

Have a lovely week my sweet friends.

I find this verse appropriate based on the happening over the past few weeks.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Matthew 5:44

Blessings,
Betsy










Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar